Coffs Harbour Library becomes involved in the annual campaign to promote the value of reading and literacy for young children throughout Australia.
As more and more government and business services have moved online there has been a growing demand for the skills of Librarians to help those separated by this digital divide.
The Library Act 1939 was landmark legislation which resulted in the development of free public libraries throughout NSW
The library’s first public access computer was purchased in 1985 – this story looks back at the early CD-ROM resources and reflects on the developments in electronic reference resources since then.
Mayor John Smith opened a new legal information service at Coffs Harbour City Library on 16 August 1993.
A new larger purpose-built library opens in Castle Street in 1973 and is named after the late Shire President who was instrumental in establishing the library service in Coffs Harbour.