A new larger purpose-built library opens in Castle Street in 1973 and is named after the late Shire President who was instrumental in establishing the library service in Coffs Harbour.
Looks back at the children’s activities held in the courtyard of the Harry Bailey Memorial Library in the 1970s and early 1980s.
1978 saw the introduction of the Home Library Service, a service that brings the library to those in the community who are housebound.
The Library Act 1939 was landmark legislation which resulted in the development of free public libraries throughout NSW
The library regularly conducts outreach storytime sessions to support local festivals and family activities in the City Centre.
A novel adaption of an R-rated film was found in the hands of a 14 year old boy sparking calls for censorship in libraries.
Mayor John Smith opened a new legal information service at Coffs Harbour City Library on 16 August 1993.
Carol Ruby is one of the longest serving active volunteers at the library. Carol compares various libraries she has visited to Coffs Harbour Library.
Coffs Harbour Library’s journey to join the information super-highway began in 1996 with coin-operated internet access!
Lorraine Gardiner is a former staff member who first started working at a small branch at Sawtell Library in 1975 before moving to the Coffs Harbour branch in 1979.
Dorothy and Ken Briggs are members of Woolgoolga library. Dorothy talks about the purpose built library building and the involvement of Woolgoolga Art Group in the project.